Monday, February 22, 2016

Iris Debelder - "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story...leave"


In this photo noir project, Iris Debelder created a collection of dark, poetic images, that reflect the noir genre. Each image feels aesthetically mysterious, and together they suggest a story.




"I have always had a fascination with fine crafted cinema. It is to me a visual feast and
often a projection of inner feelings.
As a child I embraced soft, pastel colors, and joyful imagery. My early years were happy
and carefree in bucolic surroundings.
Later in life, when living in urban areas, I discovered “film noir” which engendered
maturity and complexity in the images I was drawn to. Currently I see the world in a
darker and more poetic way, with stark contrasts, mystery and motion. However, my
work continues to embrace aesthetics and beauty."



see more of Iris work here

No comments:

Post a Comment