Friday, February 19, 2016

Miguel Ángel Bejarano on "Photographic Prose: Poetic Visuals without Rhythm"


Miguel Angel Bejarano on his series 
"Photographic Prose: Poetic Visuals without Rhythm"

"When I was a teenager traversing through troubling times, I thought the only way I could cope with life was to write -- transforming my state of mind into words.  I would carefully craft poems into songs with the help of my friends in a band.  It helped to feel detached from my own words while someone else sang them.  
It was an indescribable feeling when people would say that they loved a song I had written.  When I touched someone through my lyrics and they felt the way I did, I knew I wasn’t the only one who felt that way.  As I wrote about broken hearts, deceptions, or illusions, I discovered a sense of completion and I could move on, leaving that memory behind."



 "Now, as an adult, I am less secure in sharing my feelings, thoughts, and heartbreaks.  
I dread being exposed and vulnerable.  But now, I let the camera be my vehicle for expression.  My project, Photographic Prose: Poetic Visuals without Rhythm, is a visual voyage into my deepest thoughts and emotions; a psychological journey of sorts.  In this venture I write my songs with photographs, without a thought to rhymes or time signatures."


See more of Miguel's work here

No comments:

Post a Comment